Sabre to acquire Abacus for $411 mn

abacusSabre has entered into an agreement to acquire Abacus International, the Asian travel technology and GDS company. The two companies have had a long-standing partnership, with Sabre already owning a 35 per cent stake in Abacus. The remaining 65 per cent is owned by 11 Asian airlines, but Sabre has now agreed to purchase this outstanding stake for $411 million. Abacus currently serves more than 100,000 travel agents across 59 markets in the Asia Pacific region, and has relationships with multiple airlines and hotels, including the region’s largest portfolio of low-cost and Chinese airline content. Under the terms of the acquisition, Sabre has signed new long-term distribution agreements with the 11 airlines that currently own Abacus. These are ANA, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, EVA Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Dragonair, Philippine Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Royal Brunei Airlines, SilkAir and Singapore Airlines. Following the acquisition, Abacus will operate as a separate region of the Sabre Travel Network. The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2015.

Read More: http://goo.gl/DDumYs

Advertisements